Monday, May 18, 2009

New ways of explaining myself

I need to figure out a better way of explaining my opinions than just coming out as a self righteous know it all on my little soap box of a blog. I have a tendency to ostracize the opposing view in similar form as that god awful bitch Ann Coulter, and boy is that the LAST person I ever want to share anything with.

I started writing this blog about how much of a joke the "War on Drugs" is, and how insulting it is that the participating governments and media continue to carry the banner on this nonsense like anyone who hasn't done some scratch-the-surface research on it still believes it is somehow worth spending another penny on.

I don't even NEED to explain WHY it is so absurd because if you have done nothing more than attend public school in the United States you have already learned about the failure of Prohibition in the late 1910's-early 1930's and how beneficial(monetarily) the relegalization of alcohol has been since. Just change the word "booze" to "drug" and the story is the same. Do you think you would even know the name Al Capone if there had never been a ban on alcohol? Do you understand that the United States Government essentially GAVE him the power to commit all the crimes of extortion and murder? Some people are going to cause trouble regardless. Some people are going to abuse substances regardless. These don't have to go hand in hand though!

My opinion on illicit substances are about the same as they are on abortions.
1) No authoritative body should be able to dictate what I do with my body.
2) Nobody needs to "protect me from myself"(If I make a poor decision and kill myself, then the world now has one less idiot there to destroy it. It's called Natural Selection)
3) Possibly the most important, JUST BECAUSE IT IS LEGAL DOESN'T MEAN I'M GOING TO DO IT!!!!!!

I think a lot of those radical "Christian" hate groups have this warped idea that the "Godless Culture" of today (which is silly enough in itself once you crack a history book and realize that nothing we are doing today is worse than anything any previous generation has done. in fact, we're probably more moral and responsible than most past cultures!!) fancies a lifestyle out of getting pregnant and then sticking it to the Pope by running over to our local Planned Parenthood for an abortion, laughing all the way.

...And here I am going to stop myself. Do you see what I was saying earlier about the Ann Coulter comparison? I hope anybody who reads this blog takes it as a grain of salt and, if nothing else, gets a chuckle out of my ability to get bent out of shape too easily. I really do have these opinions, I just have weird ways of putting them into words because as soon as I start writing them down I become 110% convinced that my opinion is flawless and that I see the world more clearly than anyone else. Obviously these are both UNTRUE facts, but you know what it's like to get caught up in the heat of the moment!!!

love

No comments: