Monday, April 12, 2010

My Profile on TastyBrew.com

Brewing Information

Number of years homebrewing 0
Batch Size 5 gallons
Experience Level Beginner
Favorite beer style to brew Oatmeal Stout

Mini Interview

My first homebrew...
I am about to catapult myself into an Oatmeal Stout recipe I pulled out of Microbrewed Adventures. I say catapult because the ingredients I am using are about as accurate to the ones called for as a medieval catapult was to it\'s desired target. Updates to come when drink time has arrived

Homebrewing Story...
I have been researching the art of home brewing for the past few weeks. Just when I felt confident enough to go on a grocery shopping escapade at my local brewery/distributor, I took a good look at all the different varieties of malt, hops, yeast, and barley offered and almost collapsed into the fetal position. Intimidated is an understatement. Thankfully, the staff and a few other home brew shoppers kept my butt going in the right direction so that no matter what ends up in these bottles, it will definitely be some kind of beer.

3 favorite beers...
New Belgium Mothership Wit
Legends Oktoberfest
Wolaver's Oatmeal Stout

Why I homebrew...
I stumbled upon the universe of craft brewing a few months after my twenty first birthday when I attended a beer dinner at Can Can French Laundry in my home town of Richmond Virginia. Before then, the closest thing to a craft beer my taste buds had come in contact with was Guinness. As I climbed deeper and deeper into the culture, I realized that simply trying new beers wasn\'t quite enough for me anymore and I needed to start making my own contributions.

Brewing Accomplishments...
So far, I have killed zero friends or family members with my home brewing!

No comments: