Saturday, June 21, 2008

Well I guess...

Maturing, it happens to the best of us??? No... I used to think the whole "young til i die" thing meant running around like an irresponsible 15 year old every night trying to fight "society" and hold my "youth" dearly without any regard for other people. Now sayings like that make 100x more sense to me. I definitely have had my share of regrettable actions, but lately I've been trying to look at them as learning points. I don't hang out with nearly 75%(if not more) of the people I considered close friends three years ago. Some for specific reasons, others because we just grew apart. I wonder if that is typical for people to go through. Weird. I'm going to get off this subject before I start opening up doorways. ok time to go. night night

1 comment:

andrew said...

So far the greatest thing about growing up for me has been learning that its ok to not care about anything other than what makes me happy, For the longest time i felt like that made me selfish or ignorant but I've come to realize that being content with my own existence is so strenuous that I really cant be bothered to worry about what anyone else is doing. I never thought Id say this but I love growing up, and its sad that so many friendships have ended their course but I cant say that I have any regrets about them, and that its better to look back fondly on the ones that have ended than to try and force them or to feel bitter or sad that they no longer exist.