Wednesday, March 18, 2009

dinner last night

so we went to Benihana for dinner last night (It's like a more casual Kabuto's). The meal was incredible, the chef was extraordinary, and our company at the table was just top notch.

One of these statements is a lie.

I got the Hibachi Scallops with the usual grilled vegetables and fried rice. I don't remember the last time I had fried rice at all, let alone any that tasted THAT good. Of course the scallops were just totally succulent morsels of deliciousness.

The funny thing about San Diego is that you can go to a Japanese Steakhouse and still have Latino chefs. DON'T LAUGH TOO HARD THOUGH!!! For last night I witnessed a better show than any true Japanese chef has ever shown me. Maybe it has just been so long that I forgot all the tricks and gags, but this guy had a seemingly endless amount of antics that had me dying with laughter.

Ok, now for the lie. The family sitting across from us was.... incredible. I don't want to get too mean with my descriptions, so I'll keep the possibly funniest parts to myself, but one of the guys was possibly Dick Van Dyke or AT LEAST his twin brother. The resemblance was uncanny and he ate a "well done" steak and had VANILLA icecream(out of a choice of red bean, green tea, or vanillla) COME ON BUDDY. WHAT THE FUCK.

I might be able to find a picture online.

1 comment:

beth said...

let's not forget the fussy baby, the ugliest child alive, and the faux-irish goblin king with the rainbow unicorn pin!