Monday, March 3, 2008

Take It or Leave It Motivation

I just googled my name. The only thing relevant was an old Moped Army profile from 2006. It is now clear to me that I have not been spending my time wisely and need to strike out on more adventures in the near near future. Good thing Spring Break is right around the corner and I'll finally be making my trek to Charleston. Pending moving decisions, i would still REALLY like to get out of the country this summer(ANY continent). I REALLY hope Andrew Rhea still has the drive that I do to make this happen. I need to talk to Tatjana about Croatia soon too. Scott and I are still planning a cross country car ride(because I'm a nerd and havn't gotten a motorcycle yet) as soon as he finishes his semester and can get back to Richmond. This summer really has unlimited possibilities. I'm very excited. I'm pretty jealous of VA for being in Puerto Rico right now and of Beth for going to South America next week. I'm just glad I'll be on a beach though. Eating seafood. Drinking beer. Relaxing. Not being on military duty. Which brings me to another conundrum. This part might be boring unless you have absolutely nothing else going on for the next 5 minutes.

I'm up for promotion to Sergeant this year, but I have a decision to make... Do I stay a Cav Scout and possibly/probably pass it up because I love having a job that cool, or do I fill a slot down at Byrd Airfield with the 224th Aviation Battalion being a desk jockey? I mean I know whats going to happen, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't considered putting in for that Aviation Op's position. Those fugz0rs are deploying NON stop though(not that everybody isn't) and if I end up chewing sand with anything other than a line unit I might never forgive myself. Thats a whole different story though. I'm kind of over being in the military. Maybe I'll change my mind again, but thats how I feel currently. OH WELL!

No comments: