Monday, January 12, 2009

AND AGAIN!

HEY! just woke up feeling 100 times better than I had all weekend. Lemme tell you about something right quick- Having drill on the same weekend that you have the flu fucking SUCKS. Wow, what a miserable time I had. I didn't eat from breakfast Saturday until Dinner last night. I thought that I had gotten food poisoning from Saturday's lunch(the reason I say I didn't eat this meal is because it all came right back up) but nobody else got sick and it IS, as beth pointed out, flu season. Anyways, I'll spare you the details.

I'm going to Ukraine this summer! Although I was ORIGINALLY told we were going to Australia, which would've been way cooler, they restructured our squadron and now my platoon is slotted for Ukraine to train their soldiers on Infantry and Recon tactics. I'm sure this has NOTHING to do with them being one foot in the door of a NATO membership either. I worked with a Ukraine Infantry Company in Kosovo though and they are definitely cool dudes so I'm very excited about this mission. Also, I think Ukraine is one of the few remaining countries where the dollar is still strong. I believe I'll be there for 2 or 3 weeks in July, but we haven't gotten a final timeline yet.

I worked for AwarePoint all last week in Poway, which was nice. I talked to my boss this morning and they want to fly me up to San Francisco Wed-Fri. I've heard that one before, so I'm not sure if it'll finally go down this time, but we'll see.

We now have dressers, book shelves, a TV and a DVD player!!! Save a vacuum cleaner, I'd say we're pretty legit.

Stu's begun to wake up!!! He has opened his eyes and is responding to questions by squeezing hands. Apparently he doesn't remember the fall, isn't in any pain, and is very thirsty. Best two out of three I'd say. They can't give him water until they take him off of the ventilator though. I can't even imagine what must be going through his brain right now. I bet it's incredibly confusing and stressful for him. At least we're continuing to make progress though!

Steelers beat the Chargers last night. I was at drill for the first half of the game and sleeping during the second half, but I guess it doesn't matter since we lost. It's weird that I'm becoming interested in this sport. It has everything to do with living in a city that hosts a team, but still. I'll definitely rep the Padres this summer unless they play the Sox, then I'll stay true. Stoked on how well the Bruins are doing this hockey season!!

Ok that's enough. See Ya!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

so irritated the chargers lost, thought they were going all the way.

va said...

UKRAINE!!! that is SO AWESOME. I heart Eastern Europe. I am jealous.

Also - mom is a steelers fan (WARNING YOU!!!!)

ALSO- go sox!

love you love you calling you... now