Monday, January 26, 2009

Reading "The Audacity of Hope" by Barack Obama

(I know book titles are supposed to be underlined, but I don't think I can do that for blog titles)

ANYWAYS


This book is amazing and I don't mean that in an idealistic, hippy-dreamer type way. This book is NOT a fantasy blueprint for what President Obama has simply promised that his administration will do (Even though I do believe him!!). This book was written to explain his observations of today's political world and WHY his approach to it is one that will succeed in getting shit done. If you think this dude is a good public speaker, JUST WAIT until you have the pleasure of reading his prose. He does an outstanding job of explaining the recent history of our political parties and the personalities that make up each side, not failing to address the reasons why BOTH major parties are failing the common citizen. Bottom line, he gives the bottom line. If you voted for Obama, you really should read this book. If you voted for anyone other than Obama, you MUST read this book. I promise you it will fill in any blanks you might have on him. I can't sing it any more praises until I am finished reading it, but seriously, go get it. I want him to be my best friend.


later

No comments: