Monday, January 19, 2009

OK!

Ok here is a more filling update for all you ashblogeyes out there.

I was in San Francisco for a few days for work. My first experience with this city was cool, but the freezing July winds did NOT impress me on my FIRST trip to California. I enjoyed it a LOT more this time. Work was chill and uneventful, so I'll skip over those parts.
Wednesday, 6:45pm- I arrive at SFO and take BART up to Union Square to meet Larry. He tells me I'm going to get paid for a full day for flying and then checks me into my room in the INTERCONTINENTAL(This is a NICE fucking hotel). We go grab some Thai food and a few beers, then turn in early for our 5am wake up.

Thursday, 11:00am- I'm off work for the morning(we're doing split shifts) and I give Anica a call to see what shes up to. We grab lunch at a pretty chill cafe a bunch of her friends(most of whom were also richmond natives) worked at. After lunch, I ask her if we can go to KidRobot so I can pick something up for Beth. We do. Then, it turns out a couple of people were hanging out in a city park down the road and since it is unseasonably beautiful outside we go join the chiller and about an hour and a half later I realize that it's time for me to start heading back for my second shift. Needless to say, I promptly get lost trying to walk the 1.5miles back to my hotel. Good thing Larry and Brittany aren't in any rush to get back to work.

Friday- Wake up, work, go around a bit on the bus, go to the airport, sit, have a beer, read, try to nap, draw, get on the plane, get home, RUN to meet everyone for sushi(was awesome), come home, go to sleep

Saturday- Beth drops car off at mechanic, Travis and Mel pick us up for some perusing around Pacific Beach. Buffalo Exchange has free cupcakes, naturally I take two and they are both excellent. Beth gets a phone call that she has to pick up her car within 30 minutes or she can't get it until Monday. We rush back and get Beth's car, planning a trip up to the Stone brewery and dinner at the famous Red Robin. We get to the brewery and find out that we have to wait in line for tickets and of course they run out the group before ours. We go to Red Robin. Everythings great, and then we walk about the mall for a little while(it's a pretty nice mall). Beth buys jeans, I buy chocolate espresso beans, everybody's happy. We drive downtown to Pokez for a power violence show. Show starts late, so in the mean time we are at the bar down the block having a decent time. Show goes on, bands are good, show goes late. We're all too tired to make it up to the party at Ky's so we go to sleep.

Sunday: Originally supposed to go to the ghetto swap meet down south, our path doesn't end up crossing with Trav and Mel and we opt for mexican breakfast at El Zarape. Everythings delicious, and we go back to PB to meet up with Dennis, Zac, Miles, Claire, and Andy(all former richmonders) for some beach volleyball. Volleyball ends up being really really fun and actually pretty good matches so afterwards we decide that a cookout should follow and beer should be present. Zac, Miles, and Claire live in an awesome house in PB and we had a good time just kicking it there for a while and then watching the Steelers game on a huge projector they set up against the wall. After dropping off Dennis and Andrew we swing by Ky's to check out whats going on there and find Rick and Ky watching the Simpsons. Two episodes later we grow weary and decide it's time to turn in after a long weekend.

Then I woke up and wrote this.

1 comment:

va said...

i can't wait to come out!!!!!!!!!! also, i think i have met dennis. i just remember that he was wicked nice a rode bikes.