Wednesday, January 28, 2009

i promised you San Francisco reports

So here you go...

I've been to SF twice now. Both times were awesome. The first time i was there from Wednesday until Friday. AwarePoint flew me up there on Virgin America which is a really radical airline comparable to JetBlue. I was greeted at the airport by a KANGAROO! no shit. I guess there was some big event going on for Australia Airlines(or something) and they had a kangaroo hopping around. Those things are quick. Lets see, I took the BART up to Powell station and stayed in the INTERCONTINENTAL (read: swanky mcswankmeyer hotel). Worked split shifts morning and evening and hung out during the day.

A big highlight was going to KidRobot(and Haight street in general), eating Thai food, hanging out with Anica and what seemed like an entire clan of former Richmonders, and drinking good Guinness.

LAST WEEK, I spent Wednesday-Sunday up there and stayed at a little less nice hotel, but still better than what I would be willing to drop on a room. I went to KidRobot AGAIN to get some English Series Dunny's for Beth. I got to spend a lot more time exploring the city this week and I couldn't stop wishing I had a bike up there. I also had a "Jamba Juice" for the first time ever and damn was it tasty. I would end up having another one before boarding my plane on Sunday.
On Saturday night I grabbed some dinner at a cafe called St. Francis where Anica works and met up with her, her boyfriend Roberto, his twin brother Carlos, and Carlos's girlfriend Meg. I had met Roberto briefly only once before and never the other two, but they immediately invited me to hang out with them for the rest of the night. It's really fucking cool when people are just warm like that. I don't think I had even spoken two words to Anica when we both lived in Richmond, but she was treating me like a old friend each time I was her new city.

Today I am going to go for a ride and hopefully find some sort of toy for that damn cat. I also am excited that I found a way around the hoops that my asshole high school is trying to make me jump through (FOR FALSE REASONS) to get my transcripts.

I suppose I have it pretty good these days. I miss the blood out of all you back East though, for serious.

No comments: