Monday, February 25, 2008

Coloring Myself Black and Red

From 12:00 am Thursday morning(okay, more like 9pm Wednesday night) until about 2:00pm Sunday afternoon I was in an almost constant state of Wild Rager. I definitely outdid any 4 day stretch of Summer 2006, if you know what that means.

Why? Because I turned 21 on the 21st and I'm still trying to catch up for missing 2007.

There are a ton of things I could write about from last weekend; monster trucks, everyone's birthday weekend that it was too, legally drinking at bars, being bad, yelling, being kind of mean, being kind of nice, falling over, eating incredible dinners, presents, homework(and how I didn't do any), music, etc, yadda yadda yadda, ...

Pushing all that aside for the time being, I am going to focus on what it means to have your mind blown. I know we talk about it alot, and its not out of the ordinary for me to claim that things like new found glory, 5 guys, qdoba, smoothie king, greg's mosh, and matt clarke blow my mind, but now I know the true meaning of the phrase.

Scott and Virginia flew from Boston to Richmond and surprised me at Helens on my birthday. I didn't even recognize my sister when she snuck up behind me.

Thats all I can write about the situation. Did you think it was going to be a long story or something? I already told you, my mind was blown!!!

i love you all, i love spring time, i am stoked to go back to Drill this weekend(even though I love my hair right now), I love that Dan is researching Uhaul truck prices, I love that spring break is in two weeks and that I'm finally going to Charleston. i love that i don't feel like a drone even though my life is kind of crazy and my future is foggy.

Also... I know its a weird thing to say, and I've never really felt like one day could be that life changing, but now that I'm 21 i DO feel different. I can't argue the fact that I'm a functioning grown up now. I don't plan on acting like one to the extent that I had to last year for another couple years, but I feel like i just opened a big door into a huge room with a million other little doors. I wonder if thats a normal thing to feel...

I was going to post the lyrics to Simple Song by Avail but I feel like thats kind of tacky. I mean, you guys probably all know the words, and its really not as fun to read as it is to listen to.... also i'm not a "jaded" 15 year old girl posting my fav. Simple Plan song. but just for the record

No comments: