Monday, October 13, 2008

For VA

This morning my favorite sister demanded yet another blog entry of me. Here I am, 21 years later, still following her orders. Oh well, I needed to write another anyway. This morning I went to a meeting with a counselor at the University of Phoenix. I think I'm going to pursue a B.S. in Business Management. This kind of sounds like a total drag, I know, but I actually think it's going to spark my interest. I resisted the idea of such a "normal" career field in my youth, but now I know that you can use Business experience for good just as much as you can for evil. For example, I have been really trying to get a job with one of the non-profit organizations around here. Everyone I know who works in this sector absolutely loves it, and I know I would too. It's a little bit more difficult than I anticipated to get a paying position out of these places though, since most of them rely heavily on a volunteer force. If I had a business degree I could offer one of these organizations knowledge and experience with paper instead of just muscles, which they could just as easily get for free. At the end of the day I could hit the gym and get my exercise, then still go home knowing that I had spent my time helping the world around me. I'm selling myself on this even more as I write this blog(thanks Virginia).

On another note, Beth and I are going camping with some of our new chums this weekend and we're really looking forward to it. I got a sweet camping stove and 4 cans of propane for CHEEEEEP at a garage sale yesterday(if you haven't read my myspace bulletin.)

Speaking of camping and cheap... did you guys know that CVS and Rite Aid not only SELL liquor and beer here, but they have SALES?? i can buy a 750 of jack for like 13 bucks. its insane. theres also a PBR Light and Pabst Genuie Draft(which looks suspiciously similar to Miller GD, though I can't give you a taste comparison yet.) TIGHT!

well, I'm going to get back to some other things now, but I hope this tides you over!!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

you and beth need to blog everyday. im stoked you guys made some friends!

va said...

yeah yeah yeah, i might be a bossy bitch but im just looking out...

business degree - i like it!

love you!