Thursday, October 23, 2008

Update

Sorry it's been a few days. Let me think of what has happened...

Beth and I had an outstanding Sunday brunch at this place in North Park (i think she blogged about it). I can't get over how cool this neighborhood/city is. Every block has something to offer whether it is interesting cafes, bars, galleries, shops, or record stores. Christine and Caitlin are in town from Richmond so we've been hitting up their hotels hot tub at night for the past few days. We're still looking for jobs and it is still a total drag, but Beth has a call back with this swanky chair designer and I have an interview at a temp agency next week so maybe our days are coming!! A few days ago we both got call backs from a (unbeknownst to us) pyramid scheme but thankfully Mel thwarted their plan by telling us about the time she fell for the SAME company's lure. It sounded like a pretty miserable experience so we are opting out of this round of shenanigans.

Let me tell you about my day today though,
Beth and I walked down University Street towards North Park and explored a little more, applying places as we went. We decided on lunch based on advice my old pal Scott Kenney gave us (Roberto's Taco Stand). IT WAS DELICIOUS! of course. Good old roberto...After this, Beth read her book and napped while I surfed the web volunteering for multiple theater companies as well as joining a local volunteer community that lets you choose all kinds of organizations to work with and has a very helpful calendar showing their upcoming events. I'm excited to get involved around here and meet some people too. My Dad will be proud when I tell him of my networking! Tomorrow night we're going to hang at Mel's house in Chula Vista with some other people so that should be a really good time. As long as things work out with this temp agency I think I'm beginning my upward revival! If they don't I'm definitely going to be bummed and probably go up the street to Denny's and get a poo poo job there. LETS BE POSITIVE!

No comments: