Monday, October 27, 2008

I cant believe

that nobody has gotten on my teamblog boat! what a bummer. my door is always open though if you decide you want to be part of my magical online existence just send me your email address and it's game on.

Last night Beth and I missed the Zombie Walk downtown because we were watching documentaries of radical groups like Westboro Baptist Church and the Aryan Nation. Right now I am walking the fence(LOL!! GET IT???) about whether or not to put my milk carton suit aside and go as Fred Phelps on halloween. I think I'm going to stick with the original plan, but i DID make a funny sign that says "Fred Phelps <3's GOD. No Homo" the other side says "God Hates 'merica. (I'm Insane)". After all of this, we decided to investigate some of the local bars that fellow san diegans had suggested we frequent. Among these was Toranado, The Radio Room, and Bar Pink.

Toranado was pretty awesome. It was about the size of Empire, but had a really clean bar/tables, and was decorated in vintage beer signs. They had a big fall full of taps of all different varieties (most of which were $4-$6) and also a large bottled beer collection.

Next, we tried to visit the Radio Room, but there was a $3 cover because some band was playing. The inside looked dark and musty. it was beautiful, but we did not feel the need to pay $6.

We ended up at Bar Pink, which is apparently owned by the former lead singer of Rocket From The Crypt. It was about the size of the Nanci Raygun, but very clean and decorated with hanging glass balls and murals of elephants swimming in different kinds of glasses. There was a pretty good country band playing and the beer was reasonably priced, but we felt an immediate urge to leave when a group of nazi skins showed up. this was our first run in with these kinds of californians and it bummed us out. The doorman was under the impression he had known Beth in a previous life, but we are not quite sure the details surrounding this.

All in all, it wasn't bad for a Sunday night

1 comment:

stephanie said...

stephanie.mcfadden@gmail.com !!!

also, do you know about my irrational fear of Aryan children? nightmares man!