Monday, November 17, 2008

Gloomy day

for no good reason my mood was just kind of down today. I went for a run and ate a pretty balanced diet of cereal, salad, and grilled cheese. I sent out a few emails and resumes, but only managed to apply in person at one place. I went in a few others, but none of them were hiring. I should have kept up my trek but I decided to wait until tomorrow so I could get myself in a better state of mind.

The whole Church/State thing with abortion and gay rights is getting so much coverage right now I almost want to say "stop! I'm fed up!" but I know that this is exactly what I("we") can NOT do. Right now is an incredibly important time in history because the majority of the country is satisfied in our new president elect and we have proven to ourselves that the U.S. Government is NOT immune to change and forward thinking. We have finally been shown the true power of democracy and that as long as we stand up together we CAN make things happen and turn this country/world around!

I am lucky in one respect because I don't have any friends or close relatives who are anti gay marriage, but at the same time this is unfortunate because it means I don't have the ability to help convince anyone I care about to understand what they are doing by supporting such an incredibly bogus law. It blows my mind that the people who accused Obama of being a Marxist for using the phrase "spread the wealth" have imposed laws that mirror that of Communism themselves (homosexual relations are not productive for the society as a whole). It also blows my mind that African American voters came out SO heavily opposed to gay rights. They are the most recently oppressed group of people in American history, why would they(the majority that voted homophobicly) wish their past hardships (and even current in some areas!) on anybody else!? The word is ignorance. So over used, yet so applicable. I'm not going to speculate based on stereotypes why this happened, but it is very clear that we as a nation need to once again reevaluate our "morals" and remember that a human is a human is a human.

And while I've got your ear, I think it's terrific that Obama is consulting Mccain politically. I think he would be a fool to not have. Beyond the fact that Mccain obviously has some valuable knowledge, it just shows good sportsmanship and serves as more reason why our next President is a worthy role model. However, fuck you Sarah Palin, I still hate you and hope you never bother the lower 48 with your presence ever again.

No comments: