Thursday, November 20, 2008

the weird thing about the economy

Trust me, I know it sucks. I'm unemployed right now. Ask me how many places I've applied in the past month. I don't even know the answer because it's so high. Heres what puzzles me though..

All the headlines I see say things like "S&P 500 at TEN YEAR LOW" or "Wall St. Sinks to lows not seen since 2003".

If motherfuckers were this bad off in 97 and pulled back out of it, I REALLY don't think thats anything to sweat over. That was barely over a decade ago and even with George W. in power for the past 8 years we've only sunk back to those levels? come on now. get real.

If you said "Wall St. at lows not seen since 1939" well then NOW I'm shitting my pants.

Bottom Line....A picture of some gooney, spiky haired, Armani suit wearing, yuppie broker looking distraught because his Delta Airlines stock dipped another 5 points makes me think everyone in NYC is a snooty little drama queen with nothing better to do but bitch about numbers on a piece of paper.

You assholes are the ones who created this mess in the first place and now we're giving you billions of dollars to (HOPEFULLY) fix it.

I'm just saying, there are much worse things going on in the world than reliving the mid-to-late Nineties.

No comments: