Friday, November 21, 2008

the thing about motocross...

I mean it's definitely balls out and insane because of the amount of air they get, but I feel like these dudes never get super hurt. They wear a complete safety suit at all times, and if something doesn't feel right on a trick they just bail out and fall maybe 20 feet onto dirt. I'm not saying you can't get fucked up or that it's like landing on a fluffy pillow, but look at moto crashes compared to BMX and Skateboard crashes. THAT shit fucks you up. Dirt bikes just take speed and once you're in the air you just twist around and shit until you start coming down then you get back in a riding position. When you are in the air for upwards of 5 seconds there is plenty of time to think things through. Hauling ass to approach a rail or stairset and only having about a half second of hang time to decide if you should commit or bail takes a WAY bigger dick. Especially since most of these people aren't wearing helmets, let alone full body protection. I don't know about you, but I'd rather fall onto some dirt and watch my motorcycle fly safely into the horizon than face plant on a rail with my 20" bicycle in tow because my ankle is wrapped up in the chain.

big ups

1 comment:

beth said...

ugh, i felt every injury you described. now my teeth are tingling.