Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quick to make, Hard to fuck up

this post is about salad dressing. oil and vinegar based salad dressing, of course.

I've been cooking a lot in CA and today decided to branch out into the world of salad dressing(a place Beth goes, but I had not yet).

To start off, i googled a few recipes to get a good feeling for what to use and what to avoid. There really wasn't much I had to worry about avoiding, so i knew I had free reign to throw some curve balls.

My first salad dressing!
None of the recipes gave exact amounts of their ingredients, so in the spirit of anarchy I declined to record mine too.
There was maybe a 2:1 ratio of Oil to Vinegar, but I also had about a 2:1 Vinegar to White Wine goin on.
After adding roughly a 1:1 Vinegar to Dijon Mustard, my liquid base was finalized.

Theres a solid 3, maybe 4 cloves of garlic and about an equal amount of Rosemary, Thyme, and Basil floatin around.

Of course I added some black pepper, a pinch of salt, and a strategic amount of crushed red pepper.
Can't forget that Parmesan cheese either....

My heart was yearning for some of the Peppercini water from the jar in the fridge, but I dowsed that flame of lust with a promise of next time.

After shaking and rattling the concoction about, I had to test test it and dear lord did my momma not raise a fool. My ego is soaring and I can't wait to show it off on Beth's next salad.