Saturday, November 1, 2008

HALLOWEEN!!!

Last night was awesome. Best Halloween in years. It started off with a good nap and then turned towards a whiskey-ginger and a salad. After watching an episode of Family Guy, we were out the door on the way to the famous San Diego Critical Mass. It was right about now that I realized my rear tire was flat. WTF!? So pissed!!! In a fashionably tipsy rush, I did my best to patch the hole, but gave up after the glue refused to dry quickly. I put my all my eggs in one basket and hopped on my questionably functional BMX bike. The loose chain and lack of brakes really didn’t interfere with my ride as much as you might think! I had my doubts on a couple of the big hills, but everything ran swimmingly. CM here is everything I had hoped it would be, really really fun. I’m really not good at estimating crowds, but I’d say there were a ton of riders and some really great costumes. Over an hour into the ride, we looped back up through North Park and Beth and I decided to call it quits due to full bladders and a huge decrease in ridership sneaking up from the back. Where that train officially derailed, I do not know. So anyways, we take a quick breather and, before we know it, are back on our bicycles and steering towards a house party a few blocks away. We arrive at __________(don’t remember his name but he was dressed up like a sexy referee)’s house, which was really nice, and begin shooting the Halloween shit with some friends. The next thing I know, we’re taking shots and meeting new people like it’s our fucking job. This is great! Later on, we would depart the mothership in small groups and head over to the Radio Room bar for a Ramones, Misfits, Screeching Weasel, Kiss cover show. Leroy and I would have a surprisingly mature conversation about growing up and politics while Beth and his girlfriend and Mel seemed to be having their own party closer to the actual bar. Some how I got more drunk without even having to purchase a drink, and we jammed to the SW band before deciding it was time for some chow. Beth and I headed towards Rudford’s(read: 4th street diner) while the others continued on to another party. I almost wish we had gone, but I was pretty tired and not handling my bike so well. After stuffing our faces at Rudford’s, we made it home(safely) and turned ourselves in for the night. I woke up feeling great other than this entire hamburger sitting restlessly in the depths of my stomach. I’m not sure why it refuses to digest, but I’m more worried about the fact that our internet is not working. I suppose it will be by the time you read this though, so I’ll just try to remember who all said they wanted to get sushi today.

No comments: