Wednesday, April 1, 2009

.......AHHHHHHH!!!

I had my interview with the local electrician union board of directors today. It was nothing short of terrifying. I entered a conference room full of about 10-12 middle aged men who almost instantly began firing questions regarding my experiences and history as well as the standard "why do you want to do this...". I had been totally pumping myself up and I answered every question with motivation and intelligence, not forgetting a single "yes sir" or "no sir". I thanked them for their time at the end of the 10 minute ordeal and was told that I would receive a letter within the next 2 weeks notifying me of my acceptance or rejection into the apprenticeship program.

I think there were about 150 interviewees and 20 positions, so..........

I, like half of the others, wore a dress shirt, nice slacks, and a tie. The other half of the guys were in collared shirts and jeans, so I think I might have a little leg up on them.

AHH! i don't know though, I don't have any experience in this field so I just really really hope I get a slot.

They also gave me a copy of the pay scale that goes through each step of the 5 year program and I about shit when I saw that after 5 years I would be making $50 PER HOUR. that is a lot of money. that is a LOT of money. WOW I HOPE I GET THIS!!!

No comments: