Monday, April 6, 2009

If you follow my Twitter, you already know

Yesterday was pretty nice. Beth and I met up with Mike, Joe, and Emily in the morning and went over the Hillcrest Farmers Market. I love how there are multiple Farmer's Markets every day of the week in different sections of town here. Best city ever. So we got the good shit as usual, bread...hummus....veggies, etc. and then swung by their place with Joe's truck to move a dresser back to our place (Sweet!!)

After this, Beth and I met up with Brandon and Tim and went down to Pacific Beach again for another long bike ride. We ended up in Music Trader hanging out with Mike (who was working by this point) and I got a sweet 3 disc Genesis collection while Brandon picked up a sweet 4 disc Bowie comp. They have so much good music there. I can't even look through the indie/hardcore/punk sections without having an aneurysm. So tight. After all this, we retired to Brandon's garage for a sick cook out including fresh corn from Henry's.

Damn it I love the West Coast. no regrets. ever.

ALSO! I got a nice message from my friend Sue from NC who now lives in Washington state!! I met her and some guys she was in Richmond with for BFD last summer. Definitely good to hear that she is well and enjoying the PNW as much as I'm enjoying the PSW.

ALSO ALSO! Robby Helwig and Julia Naismith(sp? who cares, it's only that for a little while longer anyway) are engaged!!! fucking shit!! I'm stoked for them. They are old pals of mine and both just really great people. I can't wait to see what kind of things their marriage will produce. It's almost weird, but not really. I like it. congratulations!!!

runnin errands runnin errands runnin errands

3 comments:

beth said...

EMILY!

Sarah Keane said...

i wish there were more farmer's markets in richmond, even though there is no way i would be able to afford anything at a farmer's market.

i live in pungo and there is a local produce stand (there are tons actually), but there is one particular one that does fruit/vegetable baskets. you pay something like $200 or $300 at the beginning of the summer and every week of the summer you get a huge basket of vegetables and fruit. most of the time, there is so much stuff it doesn't even fit in the basket! it's awesome.

i want to visit the west coast soon.

Sarah Keane said...

also, i glanced very briefly at your entry while i was commenting last and read "Helwig" as "Hedwig" and i thought you were referencing Harry Potter. you weren't.